10 Reasons to Use Caution With Pain Relievers
Talk to Your DoctorThumbnails
Medically Reviewed By: Williams, Robert, MD
Last Annual Review Date: 2012-04-12
Copyright: © Copyright 2012 Health Grades, Inc. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced or reprinted without permission from Health Grades, Inc. Use of this information is governed by the HealthGrades User Agreement.
More on Safe Pain Relief
Spotlight on Pain in the News
- People in Poorer Neighborhoods Have More Pain
- Dosing Unclear on Kids' Medicines
- Medication Overuse in Chronic Headache Sufferers
- Painkiller Dependence May Slow Surgery Recovery
- Opioids Overused for Chronic Stomach Pain?
- Many Don't Know What's in Over-the-Counter Painkillers
- Take Care with Cold Medications
Schedule a Health Checkup on Healthgrades
Did You Know?View Source
Prescription painkillers, also known as opioids, are responsible for almost 3 in 4 prescription drug overdoses.